Tuesday, January 10, 2012

SCHWARTZ'S [Montreal]

AKA. The only reason I go to Montreal. No, I am not kidding. I never kid about good food.

If you don't already know (shame on you, if you don't), Montreal is famously known for its smoked meat and Schwartz's is famously known as THE smoked meat restaurant. What more convincing do you need?

SCHWARTZ'S
Where: 3895 Saint-Laurent
Montreal, QC, Canada
514 842 4813
Price: $ (Everything $15 and under)



Order up! Famous smoked-meat sandwiches lined up, ready to be served.

The restaurant is small by nature, but ever bustling with hordes and hordes of people. Its not a place people typically stay for hours, chatting. You get your meal, eat it quickly and leave soon after - so getting a spot here doesn't take long!

Honestly, how can you say no to that?
Smoke Meat Sandwich (~$7-$8)
I can't tell you how good this tastes without drooling a bit. Imagine the most succulent meat marbled perfectly with fat, sandwiched between two slices of soft bread that soak up the juices that leak out of the meat, leaving you with a delicious, greasy mess of a sandwich. Yes, the words greasy and delicious can, in fact, be in the same sentence.

Schwartz's is SO famous in MTL, that there's actually a musical dedicated to it. Yes, a MUSICAL. Not sure if it's about smoked meat, but hey I wouldn't mind!

The menu also ranges from other things such as catering for large groups (PARTY SIZED PLATTERS OF SMOKED MEAT? I'm hooked.), charcuterie, fries and the ever so famous, Black Cherry Soda.


I don't know why. I honestly don't. But when you pair black cherry soda with the smoked meat sandwich, miracles happen. I swear it is the most delicious thing you will ever try together. I tried to find black cherry soda in stores in Ontario, but apparently, only Schwartz's offers it - and they have to buy elsewhere as well! Darn..
Me doing what I do best
If you ever visit Montreal, make sure you stop by this amazing joint. It's hard to find since it does not particularly stand out. But keep your eyes peeled for a huge crowd of people and you'll know you're at the right place :)

Happy eating!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your love