Tuesday, October 21, 2014

In the Kitchen: MINDBLOWING Potato Chips

Yes, I realize that is a bold claim but I am honestly freaking out about these potato chips! In my naive mind, I always believed that potato chips needed to be deep fried in lots of oil but man I didn't realize it was this simple. One of the main reasons why I like to cook my own food is because I like seeing exactly what goes into my food. Being able to control how much salt goes into these potato chips and seeing that all it took was some oil and potato to make some addictingly crispy chips has sold me . I am such a believer in these microwave chips now!!


Honestly, the possibilities are endless. Imagine arranging the potatoes into a spiral shape and them microwaving them to create one large spiral potato chip. You can serve steak on top of that! Or a light salad! Or I'm getting so excited just typing this recipe. 


I n g r e d i e n t s:

  • 1 potato sliced paper thin (peel optional, I kept mine on)
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
D i r e c t i o n s

s t e p  o n e 
Pour the oil into a plastic ziploc bag (or produce bag). Add the potato slices and shake to lightly coat

s t e p  t w o 
Coat a large plate with oil or use parchment paper. Arrange the potato slices in a single layer on the dish. Do NOT over lap them or you will end up with chips that have melded into one another.

s t e p  t h r e e
Microwave on high for 3-5 minutes (I did 5 minutes to make it extra crispy). Toss with salt or any other seasonings you like and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your love